With Fall now officially here, it’s time to start thinking about winterization of your yacht.
Let’s take a look at what 3C Yacht Services can do to help you with getting your yacht ready for the winter season:
- Oil Change: Change out the old oil and have new fresh oil that will give your expensive engines the best protection. We use Amsoil – the best for the best! Amsoil’s Signature Series Max-Duty Diesel oil not only provides 6X more wear protection, but also up to 2X better rust protection. With the coming months of sitting idle, and with the marine environment, rust is a problem on boat engines – external and internal! We provide the best protection you can get by using Amsoil.
- Oil Sampling: Recommended, as this is an inexpensive and the best way to track the internal health of engines, and gearboxes
- Engine Service as per manufacturer’s specifications
- Battery Check / Maintenance
- Exterior Wash
- Bilge checks
- Interior Clean
- General overall cleaning: Vacuuming, dusting, anti-bacterial spray on fabrics, disposal of garbage
- Galley cleaning, refrigerator clean out, turn off, propped open
- Heads cleaning
- Bedding washing, folded, stored on top of bed
- Fresh Water System
- Empty water tanks and drain down the entire fresh water system
- Hot water tank turned off to prevent burning out the heating element.
- Run a non toxic antifreeze solution through the fresh water system. This will stop any residual water lying in pumps, pipes or taps from freezing and damaging these items.
- Leave the taps open and remove the transom shower tap head
- Winterize the water-maker
- Setup Dehumidifier / Heaters
- Tenders: Clean, Engine service, Fogged
- Monitoring with reports posted in the web portal
Contact us for a consultation on how we can help you with winterizing